Christmas is known for yummy cute little cut out cookies. Christmas also has great cookie cutters like snow men, santa hats, and candy canes. The best part is being able to put your own design into each cookie. So ditch the store made cookies and bake these for your parties, bake them for yourself ! Everyone will be fighting for the cutest cookies.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick of butter
1 cup of granulated white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups powdered confectioners sugar
Food coloring of your choice
*For flooding add a teaspoon of water to every cup of icing
1. Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Mix all ingredients into one bowl and place in the fridge for 2 hours
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 and roll out dough
5. Cut out desired shapes and bake for 7-10 minutes
6. Cool on a rack, then it’s time to decorate 😀
1. Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat the egg whites while slowly adding in the lemon juice
2.Slowly add in the confectioners sugar and beat until it becomes a smooth texture
3. Add in any food coloring you want !
4. Transfer to an airtight container and decorate your cute cut out cookies!